I read an article with the same title this morning published on Yahoo! (Click HERE for the article). It was approx. fifteen hundred words long and put out the same mind-numbing information about fitness that is continuously fed to consumers today. The article covered the different types of cardio, mode, duration and frequency - not a single line in the article mentioned nutrition! Now, I realize that Yahoo! needs content on a daily basis, but let me be clear, you seriously need to be mindful of any exercise or nutrition content that you read on mass media sites. The writers are producing content in order to fill space and the editors are responsible for bringing you back again and again so they can sell ad space.
Let me answer the subject question in less than a hundred words:
If you're doing cardio and you're still fat it's because you need to look at your plate. Period. Everything starts there. I can tell you from experience with not just myself, but with others I've trained. Your nutrition is 90% of what you look and feel like. Now, the other 10%... 1. Dump the cardio unless it's high intensity sprinting or you're training for a marathon 2. Do CrossFit or a program that employs barbell training and metabolic conditioning.
That was about 75 words if you don't count the numbers.
Want to kickstart your nutrition and your workouts? Try us out for a week! CLICK HERE