Video of the week
Coach Glassman: Off The Carbs, Off The Couch
What's happening at Next Wave
July is Coach Appreciation Month! Show your Next Wave Coach some love - send them a message, give them donuts, whatever you fancy. Our team works hard to improve the lives of our members and we are dedicating the month of July to our Next Wave Team! I like apple fritters ;)
Here are some important dates to note!
- July 4th WOD || Make sure you reserve your spot for the July 4th WOD in ZenPlanner (want to bring a friend or family member? Please let a coach know or email us here.)
- July 14 || Bar Muscle Up Workshop with Coach Paula
- July 28 || Double Under Workshop with Coach Manny
- July 28 || Family Summer BBQ + Cornhole Tournament!
- August 11 || Next Wave Showdown Competition! Tickets HERE If you want a partner to participate with, email us and we will set you up with one! Hurry and be a part of our first competition and make some memories!!
SOME GREAT UPDATES: We have partnered with Road Runner Sports to host our pre-comp briefing. Attendees will receive a major discount the evening before the event to pick up great swag from Road Runner Sports!
Also, FitAid has signed on to be our official drink of choice for the competition!
Next Week's Programming at Next Wave from Coach Paula
This last week of our cycle was one of the best one at Next Wave since I have been here, I believe almost 95% of our members were able to hit a PR on at least one of their lifts.
I'm also amazed by the amount of members doing handstand push ups, the fear of being upside down is real and made me proud seeing all of you trying your best to conquer this challenge.
Big shootout to Mel Nutter on being able to get upside down for the first time, you did it Mel!
It takes hard work and consistency to improve and excel in CrossFit or any other sport - you have been putting the work and the results are clear.
With that said new movements will be put a test on our new cycle, be ready to work on your Pistols, Snatches and lots of Overhead Mobility.
My favorite workout for this week is Saturday's Wod - The Granite Games Qualifier Wod # 6.
If you are planning on competing on our Next Wave Showdown August 11th this workout will definitely be a great practice for the competition.
Hope you enjoy our new cycle and have a great weekend.
- Coach Paula Santos.